Both boot camp trainers and clients alike know the power of boot camp workouts so setting up a tough routine of rigorous boot camp drills is where it all begins. These grueling training sessions are aptly named after the intense fitness regimens that the military puts new recruits through.Â If you really want to whip your boot camp attendees into shape, you need to approach your boot camp workouts with the same philosophyâ€¦mix it up, keep â€˜emÂ moving, and keep it INTENSE.
Now, intensity is great, but RESULTS are what will bring your clients back again and again and encourage them to refer friends and family to your sessions. Below are 5 extremely effective boot camp drills for group workouts that will get great results:
Boot Camp Drills – Results Driven!!!!
- Triple Minute warm-ups, 2 sets- Now, you know you have to do SOMETHING to warm up your boot camp group attendees, but you also want to start getting hearts pumping fairly quickly right off the bat. These triple minute workouts will do the trick!
- For one minute, have your attendees do jumping jacks
- For the next minute, have them jump rope
- For the third minute, have them do burpees (jump up, into squat thrust, repeat)
- Repeat one more time for a total of 6 minutes
- H.I.I.T. sessions, 4 total intervals-If you have never heard of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), you are missing out on what may be the most effective fat burning technique to date. Simply put, you do an exercise at low intensity for a set period of time, then you switch to MAXIMUM intensity for a shorter duration. The most common HIIT exercise is jogging/running.
- Mark a distance of approximately 75-100 yards.
- Have your attendees jog up and back at a slow to moderate pace for approximately 2 minutes
- Once they have gone up and back once have them switch to a SPRINT and run the distance one time.
- Repeat these INTERVALS a total of 4 times.
These are definitely boot camp drills for group workouts that will show your attendees that you are SERIOUS about helping them achieve the results they are afterâ€¦.trust me.
3 More Boot Camp Drills
- 10 and 1â€™s-This boot camp drill will get shoulders and chests burning and PUMPED for sure!
- Make sure to have ample sets of lightweight dumbbells, often 5-10 lbs at most
- Split your boot camp attendees into two groups
- Have the first group do one push up while the second group does one shoulder press with one dumbbell in each hand, then have them switch
- Have them continue to do this adding one rep each time (two pushups, two presses, etc)
- Once they reach 10, have them go back DOWN, 9,8,7,6 etc.
- Most will not be able to complete this even using 5 lb weights, so make sure to monitor individuals and note where they cutoff as this will help to mark the progress they make
- Be ready for a few phone calls the next day about the fact that they canâ€™t lift their shouldersâ€¦.careful, this one hurts!
- High Rep Squat Drills-They call them THE BASIC for a reasonâ€¦they WORK and they provide the basis for all serious workouts. Having your attendees squat for major reps definitely makes any serious list of boot camp drills for group workouts every time.
- Simply put, have your attendees assume the position and begin squatting
- Aim for 100 reps
- Great boot camp drill as it is motivating to get into a rhythm with attendees and have their competitive nature kick in as their rep count goes higher and higher.
- Planks for time-By now, your boot camp attendees will most likely be hating youâ€¦but this is ostensibly what you want. You are there to help them GET RESULTS! This is about high intensity fitness, not light jogging and discussing the latest episode of American Idol.Â Tell your attendees for the next exercise, they wonâ€™t even have to MOVEâ€¦they will feel a sense of relief, until you tell them that you will be timing them while they are in the plank position.
- Have them assume a rigid plank, body straight, supported by forearms underneath and weight on toes as well.
- Have them hold as you time them for 2 minutes. Advanced members may go longer, but many will fail after 1 minute.
There you have it, 5 boot camp drills for group workouts that get results. Performing these exercises in succession will not only have your boot camp attendees out of breath, but their muscles will be screaming for relief as if they performed a heavy weight lifting session for hours! Your goal is to provide results as well as make the boot camp workouts interestingâ€¦the exercises above will certainly fit the bill!
By Georgette Pann
If you are looking for a great home boot camp workout check out Georgette Pann’s brand new release of her new Home Boot Camp Workout Program.
Interested in learning more about boot camp workouts?Â Click here for a Free BootCamp Workout you can do at home.